Full Job Description
Fuel is a financial technology company, which provides a cloud-based financial department for startups and SMBs. Contrary to ERP systems, Fuel is fast, agile, and affordable. In less than 2 years we have scaled to over 200 clients, big and small, managing over $250M in P&L for companies like Petcube, SAGA, Delfast, Awesomic, Etnodim and others.
Fuel’s software and a team of consultants creates automation, graphs, and spreadsheets, so that our clients can get their P&L, Cash Flow, Financial Projections, Plan/Fact, Unit Economics, and finally, peace of mind. All in familiar Google Spreadsheets without months of integrations and insane setup costs.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Backend skills: js / ts, sql, nosql, nestjs experience
- Experience in Integration development. Mostly preferred the experience of the integrations with Google Sheets and with SQL databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in enhancing system and infrastructure security
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Finance sector experience would be a plus
Description of the product you will work on:
Our product is a financial system for Seed, Series A, and Series B businesses. Using it, our clients — business owners and other C-Suite managers — can have access to all the financial data, basic financial reports, which are built according to the accounting standards, and timely analyses for management decisions. Currently, the systems are made using Google-Sheets and SQL Database, and the third-party data sources are integrated manually. The product team (finance team) takes care of building such systems, guiding them, and giving recommendations.
- Script development to automate standardized processes in the system
- Data collection and aggregation from multiple sub-systems.
- Developing standard integrations between Google Sheets or SQL Database and different data sources (Stripe, Gusto, Banks, Salesforce, Pipedrive)
- Developing custom integrations with custom systems of our clients
- Design test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses, data, and tools that increase the speed of sprint cycles and allow for constant high quality results
- Work closely with the R&D team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Selection of technologies that will be used in a particular project;
- Evaluation of these technologies in terms of financial and time costs;
- Estimation of the duration and complexity of projects;
- Planning and construction of development processes;
- Ensuring the pace and quality of development at the highest possible level;
- Expert proposals for architecture or specific technical solutions;
- Management of technical risks on projects;
- Join us in our mission to save hundreds of thousands of SMBs from bankruptcies and unlock trillions of dollars in world GDP growth.
- Work with a team of passionate, friendly, joyful professionals. We work hard and play hard
- Grow into a multi-versed sales professional and be ready for a constant bar-raising
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Remote-first mentality